Alert level: Severe
Infected system: All Windows OS including Windows 10, 8, 7
Know more about Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C
Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C is detected as an awful Trojan horse that is able to conduct a series harmful activities on the compromised PC and cause severe damages. Usually, you may get infected by this threat via spam email attachments and malware. Once executed, many harmful properties will embody in Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C.
- It lets a malicious hacker access and control your PC from a command and control server.
- It also lowers the security settings for Internet Explorer.
- It adds malicious entries to your registry so that its copy automatically runs every time Windows starts.
- It injects its code into svchost.exe and the default HTML file viewer.
- It disables the home page warning message.
- It lowers Internet zone security settings.
- It gives remote users access and control of your PC.
- It downloads and runs other malware on your PC, especially ransomware.
- It sends information stored in PC, like passwords saved by your browsers and cookies
- Visit websites without your consent and click on links in these sites as a form of click-fraud.
All in all, you are strongly advised to remove Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C from the infected PC as quickly as you can to guarantee that your system may not engage to further damages.
Useful tips on removing Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C
- Method A: Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C Manual Removal Instruction
- Method B: Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C Automatic Removal Instruction Using SpyHunter
Method A: Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C Manual Removal Instruction
Step 1. Restart the computer and put it in Safe mode with Networking
Restart the computer and start hitting F8 key repeatedly when PC is booting up again; if successfully, Safe mode options will show up on the screen for you to select. Please use arrow keys to highlight Safe mode with Networking option and hit enter key. System will be loading files into this mode afterward.
Step 2. End all the harmful running processes
Open task manager by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Del keys at the same time. Another way is to click on the Start button and choose Run option, then type taskmgr into and press OK. Stop all the suspicious running processes.
Step 3. Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C
Click Start menu; click Run; type: msconfig in the Run box; click OK to open the System Configuration Utility; Disable all possible startup items generated.
Step 4. Delete malicious files generated by Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C
1. Go to Disk C, click Organize, and then select Folder and search options. When Folder Options dialog box pops up, click the View tab. In the Advanced settings, tick "Show hidden files, folders and drives", untick "Hide extensions for known file types", and then click "OK".
2. When the hidden folder shows, look for the following files and delete them all.
%LOCALAPPDATA%\kb<random number>\KB<random number>.exe
Step 5. Delete the following registry entries created by Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C
Press Window+R keys together to launch Run commend dialogue, then type into "regedit" and press Enter to open Registry Editor.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\<8-digit hexadecimal number>
Step 6. Reset all your web browsers
1. Start Internet Explorer, on the Tools menu, tap or click Internet options. If you don’t see the Tools menu, press Alt.
2. In the Internet Options window, tap or click the Advanced tab
3. Tap or click Reset. If you're using Windows Internet Explorer 6, click Restore Default
4. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, tap or click Reset.
5. When Internet Explorer finishes applying the default settings, tap or click Close, and then tap or click OK.
6. Exit Internet Explorer and again start Internet Explorer.
1. Open Google Chrome, in the top-right corner of the browser window, click the Chrome menu
2. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
3. Under the Reset settings section, click Reset settings.
4. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Google Chrome settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox, at the top right corner of the main window, click the Firefox menu, firefox menu icon in the opened menu, click the Open Help Menu icon, firefox help menu
2. Select Troubleshooting Information.
3. In the opened window, click the Reset Firefox button.
4. In the opened window, confirm that you wish to reset Mozilla Firefox settings to default by clicking the Reset button.
Step 7. Speed up your PC with RegCure Pro
Developed by ParetoLogic Inc, RegCure Pro is specialized in dealing with registry entries. It can help you speed up your PC by cleaning the left files of unwanted programs and repairing errors.
1. Download RegCure Pro by clicking the below button.
2. Run the downloaded file on your PC to step by step install the tool.
3. Launch RegCure and make a full scan for your PC.
4. If you do find any threat, click "Fix All".
Step 1: Remove Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C with SpyHunter
SpyHunter is a powerful anti-spyware tool which has great functions to deal with adware, rogues, viruses, worms and so on. Go and try it right now!
Step 1. Download SpyHunter by clicking the below button.
Step 4. Fix threats when the scanning is over.
Note: SpyHunter spyware detection tool is only a scanner meant to assist you in detecting Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C and other threats. If you detect the presence of Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C on your PC, you have the opportunity to purchase the SpyHunter removal tool to remove any traces of Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C.
Hope the manual tips could walk you through Trojan:Win32\Kovter.C removal easily. If you find it difficult to follow the manual steps or run into puzzles, you can start an automatic removal from here.
For powerful anti-spyware removal tool, please click here for SpyHunter.
For clean master to check and optimize your PC, please click here for RegCure Pro.