Buify.com is an unwanted browser hijacker which is rampant on the internet and attacks users’ computers and occupies their browsers frequently. It is usually promoted by a third party like free download, bundled software etc, and breach into a system without permission. Once installed, Buify.com does exactly what all browser hijackers out there do. Just like other unwanted program such as MaxWebSearch.com, I.search.metacrawler.com, rvzr-a.akamaihd.net, Search.yac.mx, ww92.btosjs.info and so forth, Buify.com performs malicious redirecting and irritating popping up, aiming at interfering users’ online activities, especially when they are browsing.
If you are one of victims of Buify.com, you may find that your browser including IE explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox and so forth may be totally taken over. Your search result is always rerouted to Buify.com website or its affiliated page which displays tons of pop ups interrupting your normal browsing session. Apart from rerouting and popping up, you may notice that there is something new added to your browser, whether unfamiliar toolbar or Favorites which provides you with icons and links. When you click on them, you may be greeted with superfluous ads from a third party. The installation of Buify.com may also cause a sluggish machine because this infection and those irritating ads seriously slows down computer speed; sometimes it takes a very long time to load a page, sometimes even causes an unavailable networking.
As an advertising platform, Buify.com may allow other malware to get access your computer via which it can generate revenue for cyber hackers. Should it open door for trojan, spyware or cyber criminals to compromise your system, you will be confronted with both identity theft and financial loss. To avoid potential troubles aroused by the infection, Tee Support computer experts highly advice you to remove Buify.com and disable its pop ups as soon as possible.
Buify.com and its Pop ups are Unfriendly
When you spare no effort and seek an effective way to deal with Buify.com hijacking, this tricky virus is seizing every chance to perform vicious actions on your machine.
1) Messes up your system by modifying the Host files;
2) Pretends to be a legit web and leads you to visit corrupt pages;
3) Tends to disable your security tools and hides deeply behind the system;
4) Opens doors for other computer threats such as spyware/adware, or Trojan virus;
5) Lowers computer speed by consuming lots of system resources.
Get Rid of Buify.com Infection Easily
Remove this computer threat manually:
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
Start -> Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of Click.cpvrdr.com.
2. Remove add-ons (take IE as example)
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
3. Press CTRL+ALT+DLE to launch Task Manager and end suspected processes.
• %AppData%\ cpvrdrSetup\[random].ini
5. Delete all registry values related to Buify.com in registry editor.
Any mistake like wrong deletion of system files during the manual removal process may lead to irreversible damage to your machine. If you are not familiar with entries stuff, you are kindly reminded to use a professional and certificated removal tool to finish the removal automatically.
1) Download removal tool SpyHunter
2) Install SpyHunter after downloading
3) Run SpyHunter and start a full scan
4) Clean all detected item
Notification: Hope the manual tips could walk you through Buify.com removal process. Should you run into any puzzle, to avoid unwanted damage, you are sincerely suggested to start an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here.
Tips for Taking Care of your Computer Better
* Install reputable antivirus programs & scan your computer regularly;
* Do not download counterfeit software or suspicious files;
* Do not open spam emails or suspected attachments;
* Do not click on unclear links or ads on unsafe websites;
* Scan removable storage media before using them;
* Pay attention & opt for custom installation when installing a program.