Saturday, November 2, 2013
Uninstall Guffins Toolbar Easily-Remove Instruction
Information of Guffins Toolbar
Guffins Toolbar is an unfriendly browser extension which comes with Guffins search engine. This program claims to enhance users’ browsing experience. It is stated that as long as users download Guffins Toolbar, they will gain plenty of convenience such as “get the freshest content no matter where they are on the web, get a wide choice of helpful search engines, and choose from thousands of free apps for their browser” and so forth. In reality, Guffins Toolbar is unfriendly to your computer.
Once gets installed, this program may lead you to visit malicious websites when you click on the ads and sponsored links above it, then you may encounter with constant pop ups which aim at tricking your into purchasing its products. Guffins Toolbar seems to be able to help adding free apps for your browser, but it is likely to result in other malware or Trojan virus to your machine. Guffins Toolbar seems to boost your browsing experience, but it consumes lots of system resources and it may well cause a sluggish computer.
Troubles That May Caused by Guffins Toolbar
1) Guffins Toolbar will be added on your web browser.
2) Your web search results can be rerouted to unwanted pages.
3) Other kinds of computer threats may be access your machine.
4) Add-ons may be inserted to the browser and arouse irritating pop ups.
5) Private information stored on the computer may be traced by cyber hackers.
How to Uninstall Guffins Toolbar Effectively?
Manually remove Guffins Toolbar:
1. Disable any suspicious startup items
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including Guffins Toolbar.
2. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
3. Delete Guffins Toolbar associated files
4. Delete all registry values related to Guffins Toolbar HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\random HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\CustomizeSearch=[site address] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Search Bar=[site address] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet
5. Remove add-ons:
Take IE as example
a) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
b) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
c) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
d) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
Automatically remove Guffins Toolbar
1) Download removal tool SpyHunter
2) Install SpyHunter after downloading
3) Run SpyHunter and start a full scan
4) Clean all detected items
Notification: Hope the manual tips could walk you through Guffins Toolbar removal process. Should you run into any puzzle, to avoid unwanted damage, you are sincerely suggested to start an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here.