Many Users Get Win.32.downloader.gen Infection
“After downloading the latest update for Spybot it detected Win.32.downloader.gen in the program files for Conduit. I'm not sure whether I should remove these, are they false positives or could a legitimate trojan still hide in the Conduit program files? Please help!”
“I was getting ads showing up in my browser. I ran spybot and it detected the win32.downloader.gen malware however it couldn't remove it.”
“It comes up in Spybot as win32.downloader.gen, and cannot remove. I am using Norton fully updated, and the quick scan shows nothing… One of the symptoms is that the browser opens new windows randomly.”
Win.32.downloader.gen is an offensive trojan virus that frequently detected by antivirus, especially Spybot, according to netizens’ complaint on the internet. Once attacked by Win.32.downloader.gen, your computer starts work weirdly. “The browser opens new windows randomly and the windows appear to be legitimate websites, and vaguely related to the content I was attempting to access, but bears no relationship to the buttons I was clicking”, a victim of this infection says.
It is obvious that Win.32.downloader.gen is unfriendly to your computer.
Win.32.downloader.gen is likely to lead you to visit malicious websites. Of course, those websites are often flooded with ads that trick you into paying for its products. Sometimes, you will be led to those websites containing much more threats such as trojan, malware and so forth. Win.32.downloader.gen can mess up your machine files by copy itself and drop its harmful files to numerous directories, via which it can deeply hide behind your system.
Win.32.downloader.gen is Dangerous
Examples of actions that Win.32.downloader.gen may perform are:
1. Delete files and data randomly;
2. Install backdoors & hackers can access your computer remotely;
3. Execute commands on your computer;
4. Disable your antivirus programs & install other malware;
5. Steal your private information and violate your security.
Uninstall Win.32.downloader.gen Easily
Win.32.downloader.gen manual removal:
1) Reboot your computer into Safe Mode with Networking
Keep pressing F8 until Windows Advanced Options menu shows up, then use arrow key to select Safe Mode with Networking and press Enter.
2) Use windows Task Manager to end Win.32.downloader.gen processes.
Press CTRL+ALT+DLE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to launch Task Manager.
3) Search for the infectious files and remove.
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\
4) Go to the Register Editor, then find and delete associated files.
Kind Reminder: If you meet any problem that blocks your removal process, you could feel free to download removal tool SpyHunter for help.
Win.32.downloader.gen automatic removal:
1) Click the icon below to download Win.32.downloader.gen remover SpyHunter automatically
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
3) Run SpyHunter to detect Win.32.downloader.gen adware
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Hope the manual tips will be helpful for you to rid Win.32.downloader.gen. If the manual removal process is kinda complicated for you, you could directly download the best Win.32.downloader.gen remover to automatically drive the popup away without pain.