Summary of 16start.com Program
16start.com Program is a browser hijacker which presents itself as a simple yet effective search engine. This application could do precisely what all browser hijackers out there do. Just like best-found.com, Triple.search.com, and royal-search.com etc which attacking users’ computers frequently, 16start.com can easily breach into users’ machines, attacking their browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and so forth via modifying relevant browser settings. If you find your search engine has been replaced by Jaamla search and your homepage is not the original one, but 16start.com page, you should realize that your browser has been taken control by this uninvited guest.
If you didn’t download anything that related to 16start.com Program, but somehow you notice its appearance all of a sudden, it is likely that your system has been infected with some certain adware promoting this browser hijacker. Considering that there may be unnecessary or unwanted application such as spyware, adware, rogue program, or trojan horse coming along 16start.com and impacting your system badly, you are recommended to rid your browser of this uninvited guest timely.
16start.com Program Keeps Troubling You
1. This program comes without being invited and runs compulsively.
2. This program modifies your browser settings without notification.
3. This program relentlessly takes control of your browser.
4. This program doesn’t allow you to visit certain pages.
5. This program may lead you to access unsolicited webs.
Erase 16start.com Infection Manually
Step A- Disable proxy
Open Internet Explorer >> Click on Tools >> Click on Internet Options >> In the Internet Options window click on the Connections tab >> Then click on the LAN settings button>> Uncheck the check box labeled “Use a proxy server for your LAN” under the Proxy Server section and press OK.
Step B- Remove add-ons
1) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Manage Add-ons';
2) Choose 'Search Providers' ->choose 'Bing' search engine or 'Google' search engine and make it default;
3) Select 'Jaamla search' and click 'Remove' to remove it;
4) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Internet Options', select 'General tab' and click 'Use default' button or enter your own website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save the changes.
1) Click on 'Customize and control' Google Chrome icon, select 'Settings';
2) Choose 'Basic Options'.
3) Change Google Chrome's homepage to google.com or any other and click the 'Manage search engines...' button;
4) Select 'Google' from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select 'Jaamla search' from the list and then remove it by clicking the "X" mark.
1) Click on the magnifier's icon and select 'Manage Search Engines....’
2) Choose ‘Jaamla search' from the list and click 'Remove' and OK to save changes;
3) Go to 'Tools' -> 'Options'. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under the 'General tab';
Step C- Close all running processes
(Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step D-Delete associated files
%CommonAppData%\.exe C:\Windows\Temp\.exe %temp%\.exe C:\Program Files\
Step E-Delete relevant entries
(Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main "Default_Page_URL" = "http://www. 16start. com/?type=hp&ts=&from=tugs&uid=
" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\TabbedBrowsing "NewTabPageShow" = "1"
Erase 16start.com Infection Automatically with SpyHunter
(If you are not familiar with entries stuff, you are kindly reminded to use a professional and certificated removal tool to finish the removal automatically.)
Step A: Download removal tool SpyHunter
Step B: Install SpyHunter after downloading
Step C: Run SpyHunter and start a full scan
Step D: Delete all detected item
Good to Know: Manual removal is an efficient way to get rid of 16start.com. But if you are not familiar with manual operation, please feel free to uninstall 16start.com hijacker automatically with SpyHunter from here right now!