Overview of Search.coupons-bar.com
Search.coupon-bar.com is a troublesome browser hijacker which can occupy your browser completely after sneaking into their systems stealthily.You may wonder how this program keeps popping up and taking control of your browser completely. Since Search.coupon-bar.com hijacker alters your browser and your homepage, which enable it to appear on your browser, there is no doubt that you are forced to use Couponsbar Search as your search engine. Every time opening your affected browser, you are always greeted by Search.coupon-bar.com page.
* It installs automatically and takes control of your browser
* It replaces your search engine and overrides your homepage
* It may insert unwanted app to your browser
* It may bring in something superfluous or even malicious
To avoid unnecessary troubles that may be aroused, you are suggested to get Search.coupon-bar.com removed thoroughly as soon as possible.
How to Rid Search.coupon-bar.com Easily?
Manually get rid of Search.coupon-bar.com:
A) Reset system DNS
1) Open Control Panel (Start->Control Panel)
2) Double-click “Network Connections” icon to open it.
3) Right click on “Local Area Connection” icon and select “Properties”.
4) Select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)” and click “Properties” button.
5) Choose “Obtain DNS server address automatically” and click OK.
B) Reset your browser
Take IE for example :
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Couponsbar’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
C) Delete associated registry values.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run""= "%AppData%\.exe" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run""= "%AppData%\.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes"=".zip;.rar;.nfo;.txt;.exe;.bat;.com;.cmd;.reg;.msi;.htm;.html;.gif;.bmp;.jpg;.avi;.mpg;.mpeg;.mov;.mp3;.m3u;.wav;"
D) Delete associated files
%UserProfile%\Programs\ AppData \[Random Charateristc].exe %UserProfile%\Programs\Temp\ [Random Charateristc].dll %UserProfile%\Programs\ AppData\roaming\ [Random Charateristc].dll
Automatically get rid of Search.coupons-bar.com:
A) Download removal tool SpyHunter
B) Install SpyHunter after downloading
C) Run SpyHunter and start a full scan
D) Clean all detected items
Hope the manual tips could walk you through the removal process. Should you run into any puzzle, to avoid unwanted damage, you are sincerely suggested to uninstall Search.coupons-bar.com hijacker with SpyHunter from here.