Overview of PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A
Alert level: high/severe
Targeted Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, etc.
Transmissions: Trojan horses, spam emails, shared free files, corrupt Websites, unknown links, or pop ups.
PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A is an unwanted adware program which is promoted by a third party and can get access a computer stealthily. Once installed, this computer invader may deliver spam content and displays ads from third-party via which it can generate income for its developers. But to you, it just performs malicious actions such as install useless toolbar onto your browser, reroute your search result to irrelevant pages that tricks you with misleading information.
As a well-designed ads platform, PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A will spare no effort to find out your interest and display products that match your preference. To do this, this adware amy keep monitoring your browsing habit and collecting sensitive data. There is no doubt that this action definitely violates your private information. Moreover, should PUP SearchApp.A open doors for cyber hackers to compromise your computer remotely, you will stumble over financial loss and identity theft issue. For your system security's sake, you are advised to remove this PUP without any delay.
PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A Does Nothing Good on Your Computer
• It displays annoying pop ups continuously;
• It messes up your system by altering related files;
• It may block your security tools;
• It is likely to add other computer threats;
• It may open doors for hackers to take control of your computer.
How to Manually Remove PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A?
1) Use windows Task Manager to end malicious processes.Press CTRL+ALT+DLE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to launch Task Manager.
2) Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options.
When Folder Options window opens, click on its View tab, tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
3) Search for associated files and remove.
%Documents and Settings%\[UserName]\Application Data\
4) Go to the Register Editor, then find and delete relevant entries.Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box to search.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\TypeLib\[random] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\AppID\PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A\bin\[random].dll
Kind reminder: Expert skills are required to finish the removal process. If you are not familiar with entries stuff, you are kindly reminded to use a professional and certificated removal tool to finish the removal automatically.
How to Automatically Remove PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A with SpyHunter?
1) Download PUP removal tool SpyHunter
2) Install SpyHunter after downloading
3) Run SpyHunter and start a full scan
4) Show the scan result and then delete all detected item
Manual removal is an efficient way to rid PUP.Optional.SearchApp.A. But if you are not familiar with manual operation, please feel free to start an automatic removal with SpyHunter from here right now!
Clean up Your System After Trojan Removal - How to Make it Right?
If you need help with computer tune-up and system optimization, we sincerely suggested you to use RegCuro Pro. This tool can help you a lot:
* Figure out and clean away windows registry errors
* Kick off active viruses, spyware and other malware
* Delete privacy files and protect confidential info
* Optimize memory by defragmenting
1) Download the PC optimizer RegCure Pro automatically
2) Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
3) Run RegCure Pro and start a system scan on your computer
4) Click the in-built “Fix All" button to start the optimization automatically
Good for you to know:
Should you have any problems such as windows error, malware removal, performance issues, and junk files & registry, you might as well download and install RegCure Pro to help you out. This excellent cleaner won't let you down!