It is Really Annoying that Homepage.emachines.com Keeps You Company
Homepage.emachines.com (eMachines) has been reported to perform evil actions to interrupt some users' computer activities. It can do what a browser hijacker out there does and take control of users' browsers.
"My old system cooked and I ended up getting a new computer. It's an eMachine. I went it and reset my homepage to my preference, however whenever I open Firefox two tabs open. One for the correct homepage and another that is "eMachines start page" I'm running Vista OS and for the world of me, I can't figure out how to get rid of the darn thing!"
Are you having the same problem? If you are targeted by this invader, you could be overwhelmed by some abnormalities caused:
* It keeps haunting and overriding your window.
* It may show up constantly to get you pestered.
* It performs unauthorized falsification of your browser settings.
* It attempts to trick you with multifarious misleading message.
* It is nasty and won't leave you alone and kills your patience.
* It makes your computer speed slide down significantly.
Still losing your mind Homepage.emachines.com? Do not look down upon any program promoting misleading and deceptive message. Complete hijacker removal is highly advised. To kick the crap off your machine and ensure your browsing experience, you could take a couple of minutes to carry out the following removal tutorials. Just follow closely to the steps below and you will soon find a way out!
You Could Get Rid of Homepage.emachines.com with Effectiveness
Plan A: Remove the unwanted homepage manually
The showing of such hijacker/redirect indicates that there may be something unwanted inserted to your browser as a plug-in/extension. To rid the hijacker, in general, you just need to remove the certain app bundled by this webpage or restore your browser to default. Here we take IE for example:
Remove Add-on from your browser:
1) Click on the Tools -> select Manage Add-ons; Go to Toolbars and Extensions tab ->right click on the target add-on ->select Disable in the drop-down menu;
2) Hit Disable and then close the window.
Reset your browser:
1) Select the following options one by one: Tool ->> Internet Options ->> Advanced ->> Reset
2) On Reset IE settings tab, tick Delete personal settings, click Reset button and you will get Reset IE Settings window.
Sometimes this add-on is tricky enough and still comes back or won’t let you reset your browser, then you may fail to stop it in this way. In this case, you are supposed to handle with its files and registry stuff.
Step A. Disable any suspicious startup items
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of this adware.
Step B. Find out and delete relevant files
1) Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
2) Under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
3) Click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by this invader.
%ProgramData%\*. %CommonProgramFiles%\ComObjects*.exe %windir%\SeviceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp\random.tlb
Step C. Delete relevant entries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run""= "%AppData%\.exe" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run""= "%AppData%\.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations "LowRiskFileTypes"="random"
(If you meet any problems or run into any puzzle that blocks your manual removal process, you could download eMachines removal tool to help you finish the removal process automatically.)
Plan B: Remove the unwanted homepage automatically
Step A. Download hijacker removal tool SpyHunter
(Please don't worry about this download link. You will get the right tool without superfluous plug-in or malware bundled.)
Step B. Install SpyHunter after downloading
Double click the downloaded file and run. Follow the setup wizard to get the removal tool installed.
Accept the license agreement and click Next to continue
Step C. Run SpyHunter and start a full scan on your computer,
It will automatically search for the unwanted and may take some time to finish scanning. Just be patient.
Step D. Show the scan result and then click "Fix Threats" to delete all detected item.
TIP 1: eMachines thing should be uprooted without loss of time to avoid unnecessary troubles. If you are not familiar with manual removal process, to avoid any mistake that might occur to cripple your system, you could remove Homepage.emachines.com automatically.
How About Optimizing Your Computer After Hijacker Removal?
Adware/Malware prevention and removal is good. But in terms of computer maintenance, it is far from enough. To get your system a really good running groove, you still have a long way to cover. You are advised to get RegCure Pro for professional help.
(Downloading the right tool from here authorized by relevant official site won't worry you. This can also help you avoid getting pirate software or other malware accidentally.)
Step B. Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
Step C. Run RegCure Pro and start a system scan your machine for possible risks and bugs
Step D. Click the in-built “Fix All" button to automate the whole computer optimization
Good for you to know:
RegCure Pro features:
* Fix windows registry errors
* Kick off active viruses/malware
* Erase privacy files and protect privacy
* Optimize memory by defragmenting
* Manage processes launches and boost startup
If you have such problems to solve, you could get RegCure Pro for professional assistance automatically. This useful tool won't disappoint you!)